Caring Rhode Island Criminal Defense Attorney Upholds Your Rights
Dedicated lawyer helps accused individuals in the Providence area
Getting arrested can be an embarrassing and horrifying experience. It may affect every aspect of your life, including your bank account, your job and your personal relationships. If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime in the Providence area or any part of Rhode Island, William T. Murphy, Esq. is here to protect your legal rights and help you attain the best possible result for your case. I provide dedicated support to each client I represent. I am intimately familiar with all facets of the Rhode Island criminal justice system, and that knowledge is backed by my commitment to guide you through each step of your case while explaining all your legal options.
Trusted Rhode Island lawyer seeks dismissals, exoneration and fair plea deals
At William T. Murphy, Esq., I represent clients in local, state and federal courts. I take on charges ranging from minor offenses and misdemeanors to serious felonies. My results-oriented approach is intended to help clients move past the difficulty of their criminal charges and onto the next chapter of their lives, whether that comes through the charges being dropped, a not-guilty verdict at trial, or a favorable plea agreement.
My firm may provide counsel and representation for clients charged with:
- Violent crimes — I build self-defense arguments and other thorough legal responses to murder, assault and other violent crime charges.
- Driving offenses — If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a suspended license or another traffic offense, I can examine the police report for potential vulnerabilities.
- Drug violations — My firm handles charges having to do with the possession, distribution and cultivation of illegal substances. My goal is to help clients avoid harsh penalties.
- Sex crimes — Sentences for sexual offenses can carry lifelong consequences. I will work to ensure that your side of the story is told and that your rights are protected.
- Theft — During negotiations with prosecutors and in court, I respond to larceny, robbery and other theft charges.
My dedicated legal team compassionately defends individuals against a wide range of accusations. Once I accept a case, I readily address any challenges that arise.
Attentive attorney guides clients through the legal process
At William T. Murphy, Esq., I am committed to seeking the justice you deserve. Through thoughtful preparation and strict attention to detail, my efforts focus on achieving the best possible outcome for you. I speak with witnesses, comb through police records and thoroughly examine the alleged crime scene, if necessary. I may also bring in experts who challenge the prosecution and help me prepare trial strategy.
At my firm, I know that nothing is more important than your freedom and your loved ones. If you need a defense attorney who is truly dedicated to your case, please contact me today.
Contact a compassionate Rhode Island criminal defense attorney
If you have been charged with a crime, your fears and concerns may feel overwhelming. At William T. Murphy, Esq., in Providence, I can work to resolve your case and help you resume your life. Call me today at 401-335-0925 or contact me online to schedule a Free consultation.